[ubuntu-studio-users] Fwd: no sound at all after switch to ubuntustudio

Roberto Verzola rverzola at gn.apc.org
Fri Dec 27 04:44:42 UTC 2013

Check with a headphone if there's sound. This will help isolate the
problem. I had a similar problem after upgrading from Kubuntu 8.10 to
13.10, I lost sound. Eventually I found out that there was still sound
on the headphones. I don't really have lots of time for troubleshooting,
so I just use a headphone when I want sound. The problem might have
something to do with missing commercial sound codecs, but that's just a
guess.

It has happened to me several times, a major upgrade breaks a perfectly
working but older system. That's why I avoid major upgrades unless
absolutely necessary.

Roberto