Desktop change consequences

Pete Wright pnwright at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 17:45:40 UTC 2013

If this question is too “newbie” or worse, heretical, please forgive and
then ignore me.

I changed from Ubuntu 12.10 to Ubuntu Studio 12.10 primarily because GIMP
was slightly flakey (main problem was it wouldn't accept ctr key
combination like ctr+ left click to select area for clone brush) and I
hoped Studio would not have something hijacking the ctrl function. I also
do lots of content creation (primarily writing and art photography) so
Studio seemed a good choice.

Now I find myself missing the much-maligned Unity desktop. So, can I change
to Unity desktop in Studio without horrible consequences? (And if so, how
do I do it?)

Or is nobody checking to see if Unity works with all the rest of Studio,
and so I should just shut up and sit down?

Thanks.

Pete