Hi folks. which is best desquetop to use with buntu studio?

Andrew Huys musiek.sparta.nc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:34:37 UTC 2012

My personal opinion leans toward XFCE instead of GNOME3 or Unity, due to
the simple fact that it uses less system resources.  On my favorite
image editing laptop (Lenovo T60p) I only have 1.83 Centrino Duo and 2GB
RAM, so less is more.

As far as ease of use, I'd vouch for XFCE, although I do use GNOME3 on
my ArchLinux IBM T43.

Xfce is much more configurable than GNOME3, a plus for me.  You can make
it look like M$Windows, OSX (using AWN or Docky), Unity, GNOME2 etc.