Horrific jackd xrun behaviour after upgrade from US 10.04 to 12.04

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Mon Sep 17 13:30:27 UTC 2012

Am Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:15:58 +0200
schrieb Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> PS: CPU frequency scaling?

I noted that it is independent of that. I switched to 'performance'
governor and nothing changed. Also, my experience with working setups
is that frequency scaling does not matter to them. That might be
exceptional, but I remember reliable firewire recording with my old
Thinkpad X31, using freq scaling and tickless kernel (back then when
that was a new feature;-)

While I will do tests with scaling disabled, I sincerely hope that
having it on will not interfere. Heck, even on 'powersave' it'll still
be frikkin' 3 cores at around/over 1 GHz or so;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas