To the guy building ffado..

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Sep 11 17:54:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 16:49 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> I believe the package you need to build ffado from svn was libffado-dev

That doesn't sound reasonable to me, since libffado-dev has to be build
too. It should include headers ...
http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/amd64/libffado-dev/filelist ...
ok, it's one header.

Regarding to

"Building from source

When building from source, you have to make sure that you compile and
install FFADO before you compile the FFADO clients. This because the
clients detect the presence of FFADO and configure themselves to include
FFADO support depending on that. If libffado is not installed correctly,
the clients will not include FFADO support." -
http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/620

the order, IOW what to build first is important. I suspect that building
FFADO first will build lib (perhaps running ldconfig manually is
required after the lib is installed) and header and after that it's
possible to build clients.

I guess I missed the original thread. Is there an output of error
messages? Perhaps dependencies are missing?

Regards,
Ralf