Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Released

Tom Maynard tom at maynard.com
Tue Oct 23 16:35:52 UTC 2012

On 10/23/2012 11:07 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> IIRC release updates can be disabled, e.g. by Synaptic. I'm not booted
> to Ubunutu at the moment.

I found the problem: Within update-manager, on the "Updates" tab, the
"Notify me of a new update verison" field was set to "For long-term
support versions", which must be the default since I certainly never
changed it.  In fact it took me several minutes to find and identify it.

Changing that to "For any new version" solved the problem.  I now
receive notice of a pending upgrade to v12.10.  This fact should
probably be made public, and more widely than just this mention on the
list.  It might save someone further down the line some amount of grief.

Tom.