Text Display Issue

Steven Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 01:50:26 UTC 2012

On 10/15/2012 09:17 PM, Steven Grace wrote:
> I just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 and have an issue with the way text
> displays. The text is not sharp and some pixels have a pinkish cast.
>
> The best illustration of the latter is to open Terminal. Assuming the
> default colors (white on black), the vertical bar character (|) displays
> as pink.
>
> I've reproduced this using the live DVD on two computers.
>
> Both of the computers in question run Xubuntu 12.04 (which Ubuntu Studio
> seems to be based on) and text looks great there.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

I tried the various suggestions and most of them made no difference. The
one that helped was changing Sub-pixel order from RGB to None. I'm
reasonably happy with the way text looks now, although it doesn't look
as good as in Xubuntu.

I'm sure I tried all of the Sub-pixel order settings before posting so I
don't know why I missed that.

The Sub-pixel order settings RGB (the default) and BGR resulted in
thinner (unattractive) letters. None and the two other settings look
about the same but I chose None.

Thank you to everyone that responded.