Text Display Issue

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 04:23:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Steven Grace <sgrace at pobox.com> wrote:

> I just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 and have an issue with the way text
> displays. The text is not sharp and some pixels have a pinkish cast.
>
> The best illustration of the latter is to open Terminal. Assuming the
> default colors (white on black), the vertical bar character (|) displays as
> pink.
>
> I've reproduced this using the live DVD on two computers.
>
> Both of the computers in question run Xubuntu 12.04 (which Ubuntu Studio
> seems to be based on) and text looks great there.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

i havent noticed that.. would you mind to get some screenshots and put them
in imagebin or somewhere... also, keep in mind you can use whatever from
ubuntu studio you would like to use with the xubuntu desktop. you can
install xubuntu and add to that any or all of the ubuntustudio
metapackages, or just the audio/video/graphics applications you need. OR,
you can just install the xubuntu-desktop in ubuntustudio and boot the
xubuntu session instead of the ubuntustudio one if you prefer it... thanks

MH

mikeholstein.info <http://www.mikeholstein.info/>