How to automatically install packages that are used by another install?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Nov 20 19:30:11 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 15:59 -0300, Rivera Valdez wrote:
> Hey, nice tips for synaptic. Thanks, people! :D

It works like a charm, but one time a dialog interrupted the install. I
had to answer, if jack should be set up for real-time mode.

I didn't reboot, I even didn't log out and in and also didn't copy
anything from my Ubuntu Studio Quantal's /home to Ubuntu
Quantal's /home, but Evolution already had bad colors.
This is fixed by
http://askubuntu.com/questions/204390/evolution-the-background-of-messages-is-always-grey

Beyond that Evolution still works.

I hope it won't get borked, if I set up anything else. If somebody
shouldn't be aware abut the reason why I switched from Ubuntu Studio
Quantal to Ubuntu Quantal, it's because some desktop things are broken
for the Ubuntu Studio install, e.g. Evolution doesn't work for Ubuntu
Studio, but for Ubuntu.

First thing I'll do is add a test user and copy my Ubuntu Studio
Quantal's /home to the Ubuntu Quantal test user's /home.

The wanted WM already is running
spinymouse at q:~$ pidof compiz
spinymouse at q:~$ pidof xfwm4
2467
and indeed the theme and window sliders already have changed.

Regards,
Ralf