How to automatically install packages that are used by another install?

Pietro Bergamo bergamopietro at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 20 13:57:17 UTC 2012

Hi, there is this a tool called Booster that generates scripts for installing the packages you want.

Take a look at http://www.irajacic.com/

Worked fine for me.

Best regards,
Pietro

>________________________________
> De: Andrew Huys <musiek.sparta.nc at gmail.com>
>Para: ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>Enviadas: Terça-feira, 20 de Novembro de 2012 11:14
>Assunto: Re: How to automatically install packages that are used by another install?
>

>On 11/20/2012 05:43 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>I don't get desktop issues for Ubuntu Quantal amd64 [1]. I now will
install all packages I installed for Ubuntu STUDIO Quantal amd64. Any
hints how to do it the easiest way are welcome. Regards,
Ralf [1]
>>From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> To: xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com Subject: [solved] [xubuntu-users] Several issues with Quantal,
especially with Evolution
following. However, perhaps this does help somebody else: http://askubuntu.com/questions/204390/evolution-the-background-of-messages-is-always-grey
>>>I'm not sure if Ubuntu Studio Quantal from the install media is really a
Xubuntu install + a little customization only. I installed Ubuntu
Quantal + Xfce and for that install Evolution does work, I also don't
get strange empty .goutputstream-* files at shutdown anymore. No trick
is needed to correct colors, since all colors are ok. I'll backup Ubuntu Quantal now and then set it up as an audio
workstation, by
$ dpkg --get-selections > debs_ubuntu_q.txt
and doing the same for my Ubuntu Studio install and then by installing
using some output from a diff or similar.
Any hints (better ideas) are welcome. I'll also use as much as possible
from /home/user. Regards,
Ralf
Synaptic has an option to save your package state:  [File]>[Save markings as...] in the dialog, check [Save full state, not only changes] and save the file to some external media.  Boot into the other OS, open Synaptic, [File]>[Read markings] and you should be good to go.

>I'm sure that there is a way to generate a script nongraphically,
    but I've never tried.  Synaptic is the only way I know how.