mySQL client update

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:48:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today i got a software update for mysql-client. To my (quite
> poor)knowledge, i have nothing related to mysql on my machine, except a
> folder /etc/mysql/ where i find a my.cnf file stating there should be a
> user named mysql (id: mysql: No such user).
>
> This update was not necessary on my VPS machine....?
>
> So i wonder, what is this "client"? What do i need a mysql-client on
> this music/grafix making machine for?
>
> Thankfull for some light,
> *set
>
> first glance, id say you installed something along the way that pulled
that in for some reason, and its still there... id say, if you dont want
it, or feel it shouldnt be there, just go into the package manager of your
choice, and remove it... then upgrade. i can get behind the argument of not
having extra services running if you dont need them, though this seems like
just an extra package from an install of something.. let us know what you
find

MH

mikeholstein.info <http://www.mikeholstein.info/>