Kernel update dependency issue

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:50:05 UTC 2012

Forgive me if I'm off-side by interacting on this. No bad feeling involved.

I am far from Ralf's level, but I think i understand him in this case. I
do use a bootloader that grub wrote for me. Having this said,
uninstalling grub rendered boot-up about 20 times faster. I realised
this as i got fed up of constantly getting software updates from grub.
The difference in startup speed is quite remarquable.

Now, perhaps i am missing something? Is there any good reason to keep
grub once the bootloader is written? I used grub in the first place
because my bootlaoder was corrupt after installing from the live DVDiso
on a usb stick.

Have a good awaketime all!

*set