Just upgraded to 12.10 via update-manager...

Andrew Huys musiek.sparta.nc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 04:44:01 UTC 2012

Sorry, was frustrated earlier, should have been clearer.

Palimpsest had (in my opinion) a better layout, and definitely had more
options.  My laptop, in addition to being my photo/audio computer,
frequently is pressed into service when I am volunteering with a
non-profit computer distribution program.  My usual job is HDD guru, and
I've become accustomed to the process that palimpsest used to give.  I
also liked being able to use the GUI to create odd filesystem types.

Guess I'll have to switch to GParted, although it's not as streamlined
as palimpsest was...

xfrun4 now seems to be the same thing as "application finder", I liked
it better when it was just a run dialog.  The new "application
finder/xfrun4" seems to be prone to crashing.  I've been sending in the
crash reports too, BTW.

I've even had nautilus crash!  First time I've ever had that happen.
Was trying to open a NTFS formatted external HDD, for some reason
nautilus locked and then died.  The system crash reporter caught it
though...

OK, maybe I'll give 12.04 a few more weeks before I decide whether to
keep it.

(Can you tell that I was one of those people that was ticked off when
GNOME3 came out?)

Thanks...