12.04 and RAID

lists at quirq.ukfsn.org lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Thu May 31 19:43:24 UTC 2012

I know that's an option but would prefer not to have to spend a whole
load more time downloading over a slow connection and burning another
disc, if at all possible. Plus I haven't always met with 100% success
in the past when installing US packages on a vanilla install.

Do you mean to say that the installer for US is totally incapable of
recognising RAIDs? If so, why the backward step with the installer and
why no warning of this in the release notes? It mentions "a wider range
of disk setup options" but doesn't actually mention what these are; I
would have thought RAID was a common enough option to be in there.

Thanks