[Announcment] Ubuntu Studio Community Wiki updated

Kaj Ailomaa ailomaa at warpmail.net
Sat May 19 06:03:50 UTC 2012

On 05/19/2012 07:43 AM, bart deruyter wrote:
> Hey,
>
> looks great:-), congrats.
> I'm considering to contribute to it indeed. Noticed some small
> misconception. Lilypond is not used to write scores as if they were written
> by hand. No application could ever achieve that exept mypaint with a wacom
> tablet :-). It's used to write professional quality scores for printing and
> publishing, with ideals and the quality of by hand typesetting of scores of
> the old days in mind.
>
> How far does the wiki go? I mean, what's the scope, limited to pure
> technical stuff of software installation and hardware setup, or can it go
> further, like actual tutorials about how to write a score in lilypond, or
> how to make a simple/complicated song with some applications?
>
> grtz,
>
> Bart

As I was looking through the pages while looking through the old layout
for the wiki, I moved the links for some pages to
http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/HowTos, but I didn't look
through the contents very carefully. If something seems out of date, or
inaccurate, just go ahead and make changes.

I don't think there's any limitations to the range of what the wiki
could consist of. The howto section is a perfect place to add just about
anything. I think it would be nice to have some more activity on the
wiki as a whole.

http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Resources is a good place
to add links to interesting sites. I've only begun populating it, and
I'm sure there's lots more that could be added, so feel free to do so.