(rant) Is there any hope

Jose H. joseche at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 00:55:52 UTC 2012

> Why:
>>      1) kernel issues
>>      2) driver issues
>>

> All this applies to Ubuntu Studio in some cases with some combinations of
> hardware. It does not apply to many other Linux-Variants, including
> Ubuntu-derivates like KXStudio. And as far as I am concerned, it does not
> apply to my setup, that simply works perfectly well with Ubuntu plus the
> KX-Layer. And so does my Laptop. And my USB-interface and my
> Firewire-interface.
>
> Sorry folks, I really cant help but say: it works for me, just great.
> It does for about 8 years now, with maybe a dozen different machines and
> soundcards. And for some friends of mine it does so as well.

I will be really really really interested on the real statistics.
Ubuntu/Linux doesn't have support for very popular devices, for example
Line 6. Also applications have conflicts with sound servers, Jack +
Pulseaudio for example.

> What if you have Logic on your IBook running MacOSX but alas! Your
> interface does not come with a driver compatible to that version of MacOSX?

I really challenge you to find one popular external sound interface that is
not supported in MacOSX.