(rant) Is there any hope

daniel murray danielmurray01 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:39:41 UTC 2012

Hello,

I switched from Windows years ago - will never go back...here's my list of
hardware that I use that always works:

e-machine AMD64 (2.4ghz)
1 GB Ram
160 GB HD Sata 1
M-Audio AudioPhile USB (version 1, 16 bit only)
NVidia graphics chipset (imbedded)
realtek embedded sound card (TURNED OFF!!)
realtek NIC 100MB

e-machine intel p4 2.4 ghz
1 gb ram
80 gb HD sata 1
M-Audio Audiophile PCI 24/96
intel graphics chipset
realtek NIC 100MB
asus MB
realtek embedded sound card (TURNED OFF!!)

Asus one netbook (LMAO!!)
2 core atom 1ghz cpu
1 GB ram
8 GB hd (5400 rpm - lmao)
8 GB sd (the bad transend sd cards)
intel graphics chipset
b43 wireless
realtek NIC

intel iMac (circa 2007)
1 GB Ram
160 GB sata 1 HD
intel HDA sound card
ATI Raedeon 1600XT
intel NIC 1000GB
b43 wireless

I'm running 11.10 and 10.04 with low-latency kernels. I even use netjack
alond with the sneaky ssh -X to link in with other PC's in the studio.

Yes there is hope.

Cheers, Daniel.