Problems on fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:13:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Stefano Vettorazzi Campos <
stefanovc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I've recently installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 but it didn't start Jack.
> I've found the solution:
>  -  I've added my user to audio group
>  - and renamed the file audio.conf.disabled (etc/security/limits.d) to
> audio.conf
>  - Logout and Login. Now Jack is working.
>
> Have someone access to the distribution for fix it?
>
> P.S.: Ubuntu Studio 12.04 is great!

Hi Stefano,

I would like to ask how you installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04.

If you downloaded the official Ubuntu Studio image (0) to install, these
setting should have been automatically set. If, however, you were to
install the Ubuntu Studio packages on top of an existing Ubuntu install,
then you would need to change the settings as you have described.

And thank you for the kind comments about Ubuntu Studio being great :)

Cheers,
ScottL

(0) http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/precise/release/