Setting up wineasio in 12.04

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:10:56 UTC 2012

i would try KXstudio, or at least refer to the documentation and consider
the PPA's... ubuntustudio cant support or include any proprietary software
(which is what im assuming you have) and doesnt have wine by default... you
might consider asking the product vendors for a native linux version, or
troubleshoot with someone in the wine community... good luck.

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> Hi evyerone
>
> I've just installed US 12.04 (i386) and am in the process of setting
> things up how I like them, but I'm struggling with Wine and wineasio.
>
> I get the error message "Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll" when I "regsvr32
> wineasio.dll". I've got the latest Wine (1.5.5) and have tried with .debs
> of both 0.7.4 and 0.9.0-1 wineasio and encounter the same problem.
>
> I removed 1.5.5 and tried Wine 1.4 instead. In addition to not being able
> to load the dll it gave an error message about a pid and a lock, but I
> can't remember exactly what it was now.
>
> I saw some mention of having to have the correct version of Jack that he
> .deb is built against. I've uninstalled jackd2 and installed jackd1 -- same
> problem.
>
> I notice that the Audio tab in winecfg looks totally different to how I
> remember it. It just has in the Defaults section Output device, Voice
> output device, Input device and Voice input voice, with a dropdown for each
> one to select the device.
>
> I'm used to seeing Driver selection with a tree of sound drivers and
> devices, with checkboxes. I don't know whether this has any bearing on the
> matter.
>
> Any ideas for getting wineasio working?
>
> Many thanks in advance

MH