Ubuntu Studio 11.10 repositories + an Ubuntu providing WLAN spport

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Sun Feb 12 12:40:44 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:57:23PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> PS: I didn't ask for support, I just reported that installing Mint may
> not be the best way to go and that installing e.g. Ubuntu, Kubuntu,
> Xubuntu etc. might be better, of cause with using Ubuntu Studio meta
> packages.

Ok, maybe I read that wrong, then. Apologies if this made you feel upset.

> I didn't know about the rule that this list is explicit for Ubuntu
> Studio only.

Well, I suppose we have cleared this in the other emails now.

> IMO this is not good. Art productions usually are done using
> environments that are mixed. You'll hardly find Ubuntu Studio hardware,
> Synthesizers and even if there would be such gear. The policy of Linux
> shouldn't become the same as it is e.g. for Apple.

Of course we realize this. Again, I want to emphasize, the limitation concerns
support foremost (although we would like that the regular topics not deviating
too far from Ubuntu as a whole).

> If your claim is official Ubuntu Studio or Canonical, then good night
> for this distro.

That is totally uncalled for, and I will disregard such in the future. I'll say
it just this one time any longer. No need for drama. My request was to limit the
support requests to *buntu only. I would think it's not too hard to understand.
Again, please read the list's header with thought, and think about why it could
limit certain topics outside.

--
Jaska