Ubuntu Studio 11.10 repositories + an Ubuntu providing WLAN spport

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:33:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> I'll install a new Ubuntu Studio. I'm looking for a distro that comes
> with a good Wi-Fi support by default. It's said that Mint should do so.
>
> Are there any known issues with Mint 12 "Lisa" and Ubuntu Studio 11.10
> "Oneiric Ocelot" repositories?
>
> I'm uncertain what architecture to use. My stable DAW is 10.10 i386, but
> my all-day Linux are 64bit.
>
> Any opinions are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> OT: Does anybody use a Sempre WU300-K1 wireless lan 11N 300MB USB
> adaptor? It's a Realtek thingy.

i wouldnt choose mint over ubuntu for wifi support.. we would have the same
drivers/kernels... i have heard good reports about using mint with the
ubuntustudio packages... mint12 didnt do it for me though. if you are
chasing a "gnome2 experience", i found MATE fell short... otherwise, its
another solid mint release with a great team with support on
irc.spotchat.org ...enjoy!

MH

mikeholstein.info <http://www.mikeholstein.info/>