[LAU] iPad and Linux audio

Gustin Johnson gustin at meganerd.ca
Mon Feb 6 07:44:08 UTC 2012

I can't imagine using only a tablet, they are so constrained.  There is
simply not enough power under the hood and the lack of a keyboard hurts for
real work.  Having said that, there will be some interesting apps in the
coming years as we all figure out how to make better use of a touch
interface.  I also use my tablet a couple of times a week when my laptop is
not nearby.  It is good for reading PDFs and ebooks (not as good as the
kindle in bright light) and light email tasks.

I also know a few a people who are using their tablet as their primary
computing device.  As far as I can tell none of them do much more than
sending short emails, and reading web pages and watching videos.  Not a lot
of actual content creation.  It is currently a great consumption device but
the creation side still has a way to go.

If you keep the Apple iPad, Korg has some sweet apps.  If you do end up
going with an Android, my favourite apps are gstrings, GuitarTapp,
SpectralPro Analyser, and Audio Tool.