Not accepting password only guest working

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Mon Dec 24 16:20:34 UTC 2012

I had a similar problem long ago, so I don't remember the fix exactly,
but it had to do with my gnome user accidentally losing some of the
groups. So when logged in "behind the scenes" as root I recreated my
user in comand line and it fixed the login problem.

So maybe this would help.

Good luck and merry holiday!

Alf