Not accepting password only guest working

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 14:17:45 UTC 2012

On Dec 24, 2012 9:08 AM, "Alex Armani" <alex.armani at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks. I'm running Gnome 3.6 usually, and for some reason instead of
logging in automatically, I get the login prompt, and it's not accepting my
password, so I can only login as guest. What I don't understand, and it's
driving me crazy, is that if I go CTRL ALT F2, I can login with no problem
at all, so I've not changed my password or anything. Any help appreciated;
thanking you in advance.

Its likely just seeming like you are not able to login. Its probably
something in your ~/.config configuration causing x to crash or not load
and dump you back out at the login. You can try removing or renaming things
randomly til you find it.. I would rename the gnome specific configs or
just move them out of your /home directory temporarily to test... cheers!