[solved] How to use Inkscape? - objects and nodes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 26 08:25:58 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 10:09 +0200, bart deruyter wrote:

> If you want a real drawing on a computer, grab a pencil and paper and
> draw, then scan it in.
> If you want digital images, use your computer, fiddle around with
> vector graphics or 3D graphics or even gimp, mypaint and equivalents.

If you need svg for icons you can't paint with a pencil on paper and
simply scan it :(. After scanning an outline drawing, it's nice to work
with an app like GIMP. Inkscape allows to draw Bezier curves, over the
outlines you already have drawn and then scanned. I wonder if there's no
way to automate this, instead of using tons of mouse movements and mouse
clicks. Isn't there some kind of magnetic lasso for Bezire curves? Or at
least some functionality as I described is provided by neu.Draw, where
it's possible to add some nodes to objects as a circle, while handling
those nodes also is easier, than it is for Inkscape. Perhaps Inkscape
has got all that functionality, but I can't find it.

Regards,
Ralf