[solved] How to use Inkscape? - objects and nodes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 26 07:05:17 UTC 2012

> On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 01:13 -0400, Melvin Ray Herr wrote:
> example of what inkscape can create/edit.
> >
> > http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Inkscape0.45.png
>
> No doubt about it, this isn't a deformed animal, but it's still airbrush
> like. A painting like this by airbrush or by brush or by a pixel drawing
> app does take a long time too. I've got doubts that the outlines where
> drawn directly with a mouse. It looks a lot like a classic drawing,
> perhaps it was traced against a drawing or photo.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

PS: Nobody can pay for Layout pencils and the needed paper nowadays, but
with Layout pencils you'll get a very similar result in a few minutes.
Of course, such pencil drawings don't last for very long.

So, I'm not against working with a computer ;). I'm just skeptic that
Inkscape is ok. When I asked about apps that can replace screen tone on
the US devel list, nobody knows a Linux app. If you ask for good NLVE
the coders explain why we don't have it for Linux. So it's not a shame,
since programing complex good apps is expensive and often can't be done
by FLOSS, resp. programing a good app like Ardour2 did take a long time,
some years ago Linux audio was unusable.