[solved] How to use Inkscape? - objects and nodes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 25 22:17:33 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 23:12 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag9N7F2friM&feature=related

Apologize, by all the short and quick views I had to do, I didn't see
that it's a picture drawn with what app ever and then they show how to
draw the dog in a way, they all did with the photos of their
girlfriends, using Inkscape. Does this work better with a Windows
version of Inkscape? If I does it that way on Linux, the Bezier curve
doesn't fit that perfect to everything. Sometimes there aren't movements
when I try to fit the curve to my imagination. I didn't draw the Bezier
above another picture, perhaps it's the only way and to add as much
nodes as possible.

I've got the impression that Inkscape doesn't provide good tools as I
know from neu.Draw. This "Bezier curve"-pencil at least seems to be less
usable with a mouse. Most tutorials only draw balls, deformed animals,
but drawings when control is needed, this perhaps only can be made with
a tablet.

A simple icon perhaps can be drawn using the mouse, however, I guess I
can't start with a circle, but need to start with a Bezier.

At the moment I'm uncertain, if I again should waste time. It looks like
a tablet is needed and that even then the pictures won't become as nice,
as when using a pixel orientated app like GIMP.

YMMV,
Ralf