XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 18:56:57 UTC 2012

purge-ppa is the tool.. assuming you added a ppa to upgrade XFCE... when
you purge-ppa you are downgrading all packages, and removing the new
source.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/08/ppa-purge-added-to-official-ubuntu-1010.html

you can do this from the command line if XFCE is not booting.. you can also
install *any* other environment, like LXDE, and repair and purge... good
luck!

not to kick you out of this list, or the ubuntu studio avenues of support,
but, if you want to "cast a wider net" so to speak, your issue is *not*
ubuntustudio specific, so you can ask in more general ubuntu avenues...
enjoy!

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Beppe Zupa <beppe at zupa.it> wrote:

> no backup.... sigh...
>
> thanks
>

> 2012/8/10 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>

>> > seems to crash a lot, and the exit button doesn't plays.
>> > >

>> > I would try to purge-ppa
>>
>> You can easily downgrade packages using Synaptic. Hopefully there are
>> not tons of dependencies that need a downgrade too. Didn't you backup
>> Ubuntu Studio before you upgraded? If I were you, I would restore Ubuntu
>> Studio from a backup.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ralf
>>

>> --