Linux Tools for Serious Photographers

Set Hallstrom sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 22:14:51 UTC 2012

I guess the difference depends on what lens you buy, iiuc the lens
mounting thing is standard, so the request the commenteer you quote is
doing wouldn't really be relevant. Amateurs could just opt for a cheaper
lens. http://youtu.be/mvI7rJ_AZys

> Somebody asked for a recorder, I didn't read everything, only had a
> brief look, but IIUC it's a camera for a special software, right?

I'm not sure i understand your question about the "special software". I
never really got interested in doing video, so my knowledge is little in
that field. The little i know is that it can record in several video
formats, with pretty insane resolutions and frame rates, which (i think
at least some) are editable in various videosequencers. But what makes
the particular software that apertus team is offering special imho is
that it is very powerfull open source libre software (and i believe
google used some of elphels cameras for google street view.) Hence the
reason i thought there could be interest for their project on this list.

Yours,
Set