[solved] No audio output using Precise due to pulseaudio?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 29 18:20:53 UTC 2012

With Synaptic I simply removed some packages:

        Commit Log for Sun Apr 29 19:56:05 2012

        Completely removed the following packages:
        pulseaudio

        Removed the following packages:
        indicator-sound
        indicator-sound-gtk2
        libcanberra-pulse
        pulseaudio-module-gconf
        pulseaudio-module-jack
        pulseaudio-module-x11
        ubuntustudio-desktop
        ubuntustudio-generation
        ubuntustudio-recording

        Commit Log for Sun Apr 29 19:58:05 2012

        Completely removed the following packages:
        gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio
        libpulsedsp
        pavucontrol
        pulseaudio-utils

I rebooted.

Now there's sound for Firefox Youtube and if I use Thunar and click on a
mp3, everything is ok too. For the media player Thunar is using just a
Window pops up "No suitable mixer element found. snd_mixer_find_selem
failed.", but anyway everything is ok.
For QjackCtl and Yoshimi also everything is ok.
Removing the meta packages doesn't remove the apps. If needed I would
build a pulseaudio dummy package using equivs, at the moment it's
unneeded.

Regards,
Ralf