12.04 studio release...

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Sat Apr 28 17:10:43 UTC 2012

Hi all,

i've been testing ubuntu 12.04 since 1 month, on alpha and then beta
releases.

This release is excellent, very stable and work faster (+15%) on my old
laptop. I'm running now 12.04 amd 64 with this kernel :

3.2.0-23-generic (ubuntu's standard one)

and I use synaptic to add qjacktl, jackd, ardour and hydrogen.

I've tested today this kernel in realtime with hydrogen, and i succeded
to work at 11,6ms with my simple via integrated audiocard with no
x-runs... Jack indicate 3% of charge when hydrogen was playing.

Another thing, i've done nothing to configure right and access, and
everything is working out of the box.

So congratulations to all the developpement and packaging job done.

I'm re-writing at this time the second release of my book, and i'm going
to talk again about ubuntu/ubuntu studio/audio and video tools and all
improvements done.
the adress of the book : (only in french language at this time) :
http://www.lprod.org/wiki/doku.php/association:livre_eyrolles

Laurent