Hi there, I need help to configure Ubuntustudio on my machine

Matthias Beyer Matthias at ib-fb.de
Sun Apr 8 10:53:51 UTC 2012

Okay, I typed exactly what you told me:

matthias at ustudio:~$ jackd -dalsa -dhw:Juli
jackdmp 1.9.7
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation Unable to
autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

Failed to acquire device name : Audio0 error : Invalid argument
Audio device hw:Juli cannot be acquired, trying to open it anyway...
creating alsa driver ...
hw:Juli|hw:Juli|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'defaults.namehint.extended'
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw:Juli
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'defaults.namehint.extended'
ALSA lib conf.c:4184:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4663:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hw:Juli
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for playback. Falling back to
capture-only mode
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open() failed with -1
Failed to open server
matthias at ustudio:~$

... but still got the same error. Any Ideas?