Ardour Segmentation fault- won't start at all!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon May 30 10:28:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 09:41 +0300, Alexandros Bitoulas wrote:
> Goodmorning,
>
> I made a memtest all night but it found no errors to my memories.

That's why I mentioned to check the RAMs by trail and error, disassemble
and mount back again, one after the other.

I've got 4GB RAM on a 2.1 dual-core machine, I need to run the test 24
hours or longer, just running it some hours I'll might get just a few
passes.

Did you upgrade packages for plugins? Perhaps a plugin is broken?

I would launch ardour2 and jackd (not qjackctl) in separated terminal
emulations.

And again a '...fault' is better than just an app that quits without a
'...fault', because you can get a core dump.

I don't remember what exactley to do, fortunetly I didn't need it for a
loooooooong time, AFAIR you need to run

sudo ulimit -c [some value]

and then

gdm ardour2 [something_else]

but I might be completely wrong ;), please google yourself, I'm short in
time, sorry.

Hth,

Ralf