Natty and the Real Time Kernel

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Tue May 24 19:29:53 UTC 2011

Hi all tonight here in France,

I've finished my tests on my netbook.

So with last low-latency kernel coming from Alessio PPA, i can run jackd
+ hydrogen + ardour at 11,4ms, 256 frames /3 periods with an small intel
onboard sound card on my modest netbook asus eeepc celeron 900 MHz, 2Go
with natty and unity desktop without any xruns. I'm using 17% of Jackd
RT power.

on the generic kernel, i've got many xruns as soon as i'm moving a
window of any program...

Compare to lucid RT kernel running under the same computer, the level of
performance is quite the same and low-latency kernel could be use for
production.

An another info, the graphic controller is an old onboard intel i810.

Complete demo and official conference about multimedia with
ubuntu/ubuntu studio in Paris next saturday in La Villette sciences city
if the island volcanoe let me fly to Paris ;-)

Some news coming soon.

Bye

Laurent