[LAD] RME FIREFACE 400? RME MULTIFACE II?

Gustin Johnson gustin at meganerd.ca
Sun May 22 19:23:38 UTC 2011

I would stay away from the Fireface and the multiface (unless you
connect the multiface to another interface).

FWIW, I have a 9652 PCI card and an RME ADI 8-DS.  If I need more
channels there is an Alesis ADAT that I can connect to it, albeit at
only 16/48.  It is important to note that the 9652/9652 do not have
any ADC/DACs on them and rely on outboard gear for that.

This particular rig has been solid and stable for years and has been
in 3 different rigs, the latest being an Intel Sandy bridge.  If you
can afford it I highly recommend the RME PCI and PCIe solutions.
Their Firewire solutions have traditionally been the exact opposite
under Linux.