RME FIREFACE 400? RME MULTIFACE II?

Karl Giesing khzmusik at hotmail.com
Sun May 22 12:40:38 UTC 2011

> I'm not interested in this one, but the price-performance ratio is
> amazing:
>
> BEHRINGER XENYX X2442 USB
> http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_x2442_usb.htm

Going only slightly off-topic:
One thing to consider is that, AFAIK, all of the Behringer mixers with USB output only do two channels. That is, the USB only streams the stereo bus. None are multi-channel.
At least, that's how it was when I last looked into it (I was tempted to get one of the smaller ones myself).
Mackie is SLIGHTLY better than Behringer, but Behringer is actually catching up. Regardless, the small amount of extra quality doesn't justify the larger price, IMHO.
If this kind of setup is what you're looking for, I'd go with an Allen & Heath ZED-14 instead. You'll lose a few channels for the same price, but the quality is far better.

-Karl.