no sound

Gustin Johnson gustin at meganerd.ca
Sun May 22 02:52:25 UTC 2011

I have seen similar issues when a computer reboots (or the battery
dies on a laptop) before the upgrade is complete.   This is bad and
similar to a Windows machine that tells you to wait while updates are
installed (Ie. this is not a Linux specific problem, but updates have
critical moments where they should not be interrupted).

You need to figure out what .deb file is being installed (it is part
of the error output but you did not paste it into the original post).

Once you know the package that is misbehaving you can try to force an
install, something like:
sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/offending_package.deb

Without more detail, it is hard to say what is going wrong exactly.