Sound cards (Was: Re: no sound

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Fri May 20 12:04:14 UTC 2011

Am Fri, 20 May 2011 13:54:57 +0200
schrieb Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> When recording soft synth just by
> JACK, without the sound cards being involved, there's a loss for the
> sound quality too!

Wait a minute... could you explain that? You have a loss of quality compared to live playback of the soft synths (using JACK?) when playing back a recording taken from JACK? A recording that preserves 32 bit floating point sample format (heck, or 24 bit integer) and the sample rate, of course?

I have to wonder what you did there to alter the data from the soft synth. I mean ... we're talking bit-exact copy here, aren't we? Can you present a test setup to observe that issue?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.