no sound

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 20 09:54:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 11:45 +0200, Robert Klaar wrote:
> Maybe you could try and run:
>

> sudo apt-get clean
> sudo dpkg --reconfigure -a
>

> ...this should clean the updates cache, if there's any broken packages
> or something that gets in the way.
>

> Best,
> RobertK
>

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Jonathan Goodman
> <jgoodman at 012.net.il> wrote:
>         Hi,
>         Recently I allowed an update to Ubuntu lucid lynx and suddenly
>         my
>         computer became silent. I tried opening envy24(for my envy
>         ice1712 card)
>         -no deal. Alsa mixer from the command line

Alsa mixer might cause issues for Envy24 cards! You should use Envy24
Control only. Unfortunately Ubuntu didn't switch to version 1 "mudita",
I guess nearly no distro did switch!

The Linux community (NOT the Linux audio community) tramples all over
Envy24 users, the most common audio cards! There seems to be no chance
to change their minds. I'll buy another card, but I don't know what
card.