*Official Announcement:* Ubuntu Studio is switching to XFCE.

Ralf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 17 08:51:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 00:53 +0200, Robert Klaar wrote:

> And that being said, I think we ARE trying to attract the same people
> as apple do, and that might be something we can learn from wether we
> like it or not.

No, iCommercial first was for elitists and since some years, it's for
the all-consuming masses. Using a Mac is more intended by the wish to be
hip, than regarding to arguments. I would prefer Microsoft instead of
Apple and I guess Linux is more attractive for some Microsoft users.
There are very few situations a Mac would be the better choice, than a
Windows computer would be. An averaged computer users doesn't care about
POSIX etc..