*Official Announcement:* Ubuntu Studio is switching to XFCE.

aYo Binitie ayobinitie at gmail.com
Mon May 16 06:43:06 UTC 2011

Hi Scott,
Your opinions are noted and they are valid. I never claimed that XFCE was no
good - just that I had never used it and there were probably good reasons
why it was second best to Gnome2. Having said that considering the fact that
going forward there is a need for a new desktop to be adopted - I acquiese
to the fact that you - the UbuntuStudio team have done your due-diligence
and have found this the sensible and viable option. I will take you up on
your suggestion and try Xubuntu to see for myself the possibilities therein.
I have converted the entire Flash development (and IT ) team in my Agency to
the Ubuntuside thus my interest in this is tremendous.
aYo