*Official Announcement:* Ubuntu Studio is switching to XFCE.

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:14:15 UTC 2011

Again with Gnome 3???

I think people doesnt understand that moving to Gnome 3 is A BIG CHANGE!!!

The ui is completely diferent, the workflow is diferent. Gnome 3 is
made to use full screen widows. Its very new, no much teaking is
possible, at least for now.
XFCE is a PROVEN, STABLE and SIMILAR Desktop enviroment. And on top of
all, there is already a Ubuntu derivative with XFCE. If this is not
enough for people to understand, well try each one for 2 3 weeks and
then say what things dont like on XFCE for a STUDIO workflow.

2011/5/15 Michael Dickson <mike.dickson at rivendellnh.com>:
> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 11:14 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
>> I apologize for singling out this post, but...
>>
>> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:37 AM, aYo Binitie <ayobinitie at gmail.com>
>>
>> I challenge you (not just you aYo, but everyone) who thinks XFCE isn't
>> "super" or good or isn't GNOME 2 to actually try it.  Try it for a
>> week.  A day, even.
>
> Umm,  maybe the same could be said for Gnome3...
>
> Rather than dump it (or Unity which will apparently be the "default"
> Ubuntu desktop) for yet another DE which itself has pros and cons.
> Being direct, I haven't seen a "viable" argument yet for why a change is
> necessary. Except perhaps that some folks don't like Gnome3.
>
> And sorry, that's not a whine. Its me stating the truth as I see it.
>
> Mike

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro