*Official Announcement:* Ubuntu Studio is switching to XFCE.

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:25:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:37 AM, aYo Binitie <ayobinitie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply - all these changes really put me on the spot. I have
> for the first time in 4 years not been in a race to install a new Ubuntu
> distro. I detest Unity and even UbuntuStudio Natty which sensibly has kept
> GNome 2 is not as fast as UbuntuStudio Meerkat. No compiz in Gnome3 means
> Gnome3 is a NO for me. I really can not imagine my workflow without it. It
> has been a defining factor in the slick workflow for UStudio. XFCE - I have
> no idea about but it was super we would not be all having these rants. I
> fear I will be sticking to 10.10 - truly a perfect 10 for the foreseeable
> future. The future for the moment looks very bleak - It seems we are now
> having our VISTA moment in Linux. This is a real shame after all the gains
> Ubuntu & UbuntuStudio have made in the last few years
> aYo
>
> hey aYo,
personally, i have been sticking to 10.04 on my production machine, but i
maintain early alpha releases these days for testing purposes. would you
like for me to help you find bugs relating to your hardware and 11.04? also,
you can check out xubuntu live, or the above mentioned puredyne to see XFCE
in action so you can have an informed opinion about the UI change.