Spectrum3d : software that displays the harmonics of the sound in 3D

Victor henri nadaeck at hotmail.com
Sun May 8 20:18:26 UTC 2011

Hello Brian and thank you for your interest

> Just installed your software today, Victor, and it is wonderful!  In
> fact, so wonderful that I already have a feature request.  Would it be
> possible to add an option to eliminate the Z-axis entirely, and just
> have a 2-dimensional front view?  If I'm using software such as this
> to, say, test frequency response while mastering, I find I really
> don't have a lot of need for the Z-axis.

This is already implemented actually : just set the 'Depth' scale (at the lower right of the command interface) to 0, and you'll get a 2d view. If you click on the 'Front view' you should have the good perspective for what you're looking for.

However, note that there are already other software that show a front view only, such as JAAA or JAPA.

> On a final note, your INSTALL document is fantastically written.  If
> only all programmers took the time to write instructions this
> detailed.

I did my best. I'm happy that it is usefull :-)

Victor