Ubuntu Studio Developer Meeting

ScottALavender at gmail.com ScottALavender at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:59:33 UTC 2011

*** IMPORTANT ***

Due to various conflicting schedule for many people we will be pushing the
meeting until the following weekend.

Therefore the meeting will be on Sunday, May 15th @ 14:00 UTC for the
meeting. Again, the time convertor [1] is included for your convenience.

The location remains the same, ie #ubuntustudio-devel on freenode.net IRC.

On May 7, 2011 12:40am, "Jorge G. Mare" <jorge.g.mare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM, ScottALavender at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, please join us this Sunday, May 8th @ 14:00 UTC for a Ubuntu Studio

> > developer meeting. You can use the linked time zone convertor [1] to
> find a

> > city/state/province near your to understand the local time.

> > We will be meeting in the #ubuntustudio-devel channel on freenode.net
> for

> > your IRC client. Alternately, you can join us via web browser using

> > webchat.freenode.net [2].

> Although I am not a developer ( ;) ), I will try to attend. Although

> if I were any of you, I would not expect much from me on a Sunday at

> 7AM. :)

> Cheers,

> Jorge

Jorge,

You bring up an extremely important point. The work done on Ubuntu Studio
is not limited to developers. I would say that the a large percentage of
the work is done by contributors. An exceedingly large amount of the work,
even.

The meeting really is for developers and contributors of Ubuntu Studio to
discuss and plan development and I will henceforth try to address as such.
Of course all are welcome and encouraged to attend as well.

Also, if we find that enough people wish to attend the meeting but the
current set time is not favorable then we can reevaluate the scheduled
time. The current time was based on a discreet group of people who may no
longer be actively involved in the meetings. If you would prefer another
time then please suggest it :)

Warm Regards,
ScottL

[1]