Record with multiple usb mics

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:59:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Adam Behnke <abehnke at gmail.com> wrote:

> i do a podcast and occasionally we record from the same location
> instead via skype.
>
> I was using Kristal to record but my winxp got borked.
>
> does anyone know a simple solution to recording with 3 usb mics in
> ubuntu-studio?
>
> thats a great question... as a total sidenote, i did load kristal up once
via wine and it seemed to work well... i would probably just plug them in,
and see how pulse deals with them routing-wise (them = the USB mics) using
something simple like audacity*... ideally, you would have JACK see them
all separately and you can route them as you please to seperate tracks
literally anywhere in any application JACK uses (which is most everything in
the repos for audio) ... check around online for links to using multiple
sound cards with JACK, and if you can make it onto the IRC, i can try and
find some folks for you to talk to that have personally set up multiple
cards with JACK... *its do-able i say...

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/