Fix sound on .mp4 video

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:09:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Seattle Chaz <seattlechaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm shooting video outside under uncontrolled conditions.  I want to
> extract the sound clean it up in Audacity and then repackage it with the
> video.  How to proceed?  Thanks in advance.
>

> you can check out audacity's noise removal capabilities... EQ and/or
compression are the normal tools for tweaking files... you can google for
guides on how the pro's do noise removal.. you really dont need a 'how-to'
for linux/audacity... information on how any professional achieves noise
removal with any average tools such as EQ would be helpful for you...
routinely, voice-overs are done with pro productions...  ideally, you get it
right when you are recording it... IF re-recording is not an option, i think
you'll find some kind of compromise will need to be made, where you
sacrifice some wanted frequencies in exchange for cleaning the overall sound
up...

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/