Software to play music in different temperaments?

Angel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Mon Mar 14 15:37:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 14/03/11 00:41, Angel de Vicente wrote:
> I'm (probably the only one in the planet! :-)) a big fan of reading
> tutorials and manuals, but I tried this one in a rush and I forgot to
> read the recommended stuff on adding virtual MIDI ports. Once that was
> done, Scala did recognize the MIDI virtual port without any trouble,
> which I could feed (through aconnectgui) right into timidity, and then I
> had no trouble with the sound (scala comes with its own on-the-fly
> genereted keyboard, so it was straightforward to try TET-19 and many
> other different, and awkward sounding, tuning systems).

in case somebody is curious as to how Scala looks (and sounds) like, I
just put a (very brief) demo video of it (just loading and playing a
19-TET scale) at: http://vimeo.com/21020598

Cheers,
Ángel de Vicente
--
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/

High Performance Computing Support PostDoc
Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias