Software to play music in different temperaments?

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon Mar 14 08:16:13 UTC 2011

Am 12.03.2011 04:43, schrieb Tim Cook:
> I am not familiar with that app.  But I believe Audacity will  do what
> you want as well.

Could you elaborate on how Audacity could be used for something like
that? Is there a new module in Audacity, that handeles musical scales?

> --Tim
>
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 13:31 +0000, Angel de Vicente wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to experiment a bit with different tuning systems (temperaments)
>> so I was hoping I could find some software in which I could try some of
>> these, by either having some presets or by either indicating manually
>> the frequency for each note.

I second the recommendation for Yoshimi/Zynadd. In both you can
configure the temperament in that Yoshimi interpretes incoming Notes. I
*think* that some other synths like Alsa Modular Synth or Phasex will
play incoming notes that are somewaht "bended" to non.standard scales as
well.

Best of luck :-)

HZN