Software to play music in different temperaments?

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at
Sat Mar 12 03:43:05 UTC 2011

I am not familiar with that app.  But I believe Audacity will  do what
you want as well.

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 13:31 +0000, Angel de Vicente wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to experiment a bit with different tuning systems (temperaments)
> so I was hoping I could find some software in which I could try some of
> these, by either having some presets or by either indicating manually
> the frequency for each note. By searching on Google I ended up on this
> page (, which seems exactly what
> I'm looking for. Before I download/compile/read the manual/etc. does
> anyone have a comment on this software or some other similar ones (if
> they exist?).
> Thanks a lot,
> Ángel de Vicente
> --
> High Performance Computing Support PostDoc
> Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias
> ADVERTENCIA: Sobre la privacidad y cumplimiento de la Ley de Protección de Datos, acceda a
> WARNING: For more information on privacy and fulfilment of the Law concerning the Protection of Data, consult

Timothy Cook, MSc
Project Lead - Multi-Level Healthcare Information Modeling

LinkedIn Profile:
Skype ID == timothy.cook
Academic.Edu Profile:

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link